Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine, it's summertime...

I told you earlier that we have been enjoying the summer. Well, here it all goes, this is what we've been up to!! It's a long one, I will try to be brief.


Memorial Day Weekend we went to the Roughriders (a local minor league baseball team) baseball game with the Wynns. We had a really good time until it got rained out. Better luck next time!!
Linds & I eating our Dippin' Dots :)

We had pretty good seats! Sorry, you aren't going to see the picture of Drew & I... it looks like poop!
We also went swimming over at Drew's parent's pool Memorial Weekend. Here is Uncle Drew with his nieces and nephew. Another picture you won't see of me!

We've been doing a lot of Jeep riding too!

Drew & Bubba (aka Hobie).
We went swimming (again) with over at our friends, the Rutledges. Brooks & Kendall were there and Hobie got to play with his cousin, Remi!! Remi is about to go to hunting school, so Hobie and Remi practiced fetching in the pond! Hobie LOVES to swim. Uncle David doesn't let dogs swim in the pool so they have to swim in the yucky water. HA I don't think Hobie cares.

Neighbor Cubby, the Corgi came to play too! **Side note- see the barn in the background? That is where Drew and I lived the first two months we were married, in the apartment that is, not a stall for all you city folk!**

Happy Boy!

Remi: "HAHA... I got it now"

Hobie:"Remi, you are going to have to drown me for this. I'm not letting go!!"

"Who has it now??"



Just another random picture of Hobie after he had been digging. It seems like Hobie is the favorite child, but the Princess stays home to get her beauty rest and doesn't like to get dirty.
NEXT!! Drew and I got to go the George Strait concert at the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium!! This was the first event at the new stadium and was a HUGE concert so it was a really big deal!! Thanks to Drew's sister and brother-in-law!!! They had 2 extra tickets so we got to go!!

Super excited!!!

Thumbs up for the Cowboys!!

Stadium was HUGE!!!
Also, do you see what is hanging across my chest. Yes, my friends, that is a Coach purse!! I finally did it!! I have really been wanting a small one to carry places where I really don't want to carry my big purse. If you know me, you know I don't carry anything smaller than a pony!! I didn't spend a whole lot of money either. I'm happy and I finally don't feel so left out. Now I am on a mission for a small wallet to fit inside. Oh, no!! I hope it isn't an addiction like a tattoo!!
Ok back to the concert....

LeAnn Womack opening

Blake Shelton

Reba
Reba singing Fancy!

ahhhh... King George!! L-O-V-E him!! I had a dream once that I was in his horse trailer!! Weird I know, but I'm a huge fan!! :)
" Jerry (the owner of the Cowboys) open the roof" is what everyone chanted so God could watch.
Roof takes 12 minutes to open!

I had to get a butt shot!! So sexy!!

Happy to be there!

George & I posing for a picture... or was he singing to ME??

My man!! :) I have a video from the concert but I'm having technical difficulties... Sorry Mom & Alberta!!

I had planned to add a garden update to tonight's blog but we just had a HUGE storm blow through our area. I think the garden might be ruined!!! Maybe not everything but I'm thinking most of it.... I'll have to assess the damage tomorrow.

We had 2 small tomatoes FINALLY on our tomato plants and our 4 stalks of corn were blown over. :( SO SAD!! The only thing I think will for sure be ok are the watermelon and pepper plants.


***I didn't really proof read so don't judge***

4 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

cute pictures :)

Lindsey said...

Dang you have been busy! Cute pictures of Hobie!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

I am pretty sure that George was singing to YOU!! So jealous...would love to see king george someday and go in his horse trailor!!

The Mathis Crew said...

Lucky you..seeing George. He just gets better with age..and I mean his singing of course! :)