Thursday, May 14, 2009

N-a-k-e-d

No, I'm not n-a-k-e-d but I feel like it. I left my cell phone at home today. I hate it when that happens!! I am a paranoid mess!! Mostly because I worry about getting in a wreck or my car breaking down and having nobody to call. What if I get robbed?? Oh my!

Seriously, what did we do before cell phones? They have been around almost my ENTIRE existence. I remember when my dad had the bag phone when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 17 so I drove a year without one and did fine. I'm just worrying myself sick. I mean, I don't work close to home. Most of my driving is all highway and rural roads, I hardly have anyone's number memorized... I was broke down on the highway once (with a cell phone) for an hour and NOBODY stopped to help.


I think my next SUV will be a Chevy or GMC so I can have Onstar. At least I would have a back up.


Pray for me!

1 comment:

77apronstrings said...

I had fun talking to you yesterday! As for the cell phone: I never know where mine is. Sometimes it's under the car seat or dead or any other number of places not being used. You get used to it. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 26, so the technology is kind of lost on me. Really anything relating to politics or history is lost on me as well. I've gotten used to that, too. My husband has gotten used to my blank stares when discussing the state of the economy or when he asks where my cell phone is.

I generally don't know the answer to either.