Sunday, May 3, 2009

San Antonio

Sorry we haven't posted pictures from our trip to San Antonio yet. Let's just say we've been busy and well, not really in the mood for blogging.

Here we go.... We headed down to Austin Friday after work and we were going to stay with our friends Michael and Shannon in Austin BUT they didn't answer their phones when we got to their place, so Drew and I kept driving to San Marcos and got a hotel there. (It's ok Shannon we still love you!!) It was kinda nice because Drew and I had a short drive to San Antonio Saturday morning.
We stayed at a really nice hotel that wasn't far from the River Walk. We visited the Alamo, took a ferry ride on the River Walk, did some shopping at the Mexican market, went to the Fiesta and ate some really good Mexican food.
Hobie is so excited to go spend the weekend with his cousins! Cuddles.. not so excited

Shannon & I on the river boat (the halo Shannon is wearing is part of the Fiesta that everyone was wearing... I wanted one SO bad! LOL)

Miguel & Shannon


At the Alamo

Drew & I on the river boat

Is this not the cutest thing??? When we were on our river boat ride there were ducks EVERYWHERE.. Along came this momma and her 15 little ducklings.
Anyone recognize this? This is where they filmed a scene from Miss Congeniality.

Drew so thrilled to be shopping in San Marcos

Trying to decide if I should buy a Coach purse from the outlet.... I didn't... :( I just couldn't justify spending the money. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a Coach.

So this is a picture from the parade @ Fiesta. I'm still not really sure what exactly Fiesta is. The best way I can describe it would be a Mexican version of Mardi Gras... I think this is their preparation for Cinco de Mayo. All I can say was that it was MADNESS!! TONS and TONS of people filled the streets for blocks. When we arrived in SA around 11 AM people were camped (when I say camped, I mean sleeping, coolers, lawn chairs chained together) out in their lawn chairs waiting for the parade to start at 7 PM. I even saw a store charging $1 for people to use their restrooms!! We couldn't get through the crowd for my funnel cake and had to got down and around a few blocks just to get there... then wait in line 20 minutes.... it was SO worth it!! I mean, how many times a year do you get to eat a funnel cake?!

This is Drew's 6 food 5 inch view in the Mexican market. It was so incredibly crowded too. It probably took us 15 minutes or so just to walk to the other end. I bought a really cool flower pot (I'll get a picture when I get something to plant in it) This is where we at La Margarita. If you are ever in SA I highly recommend you eat there and get the fajitas. SOOO GOOD!!

Michael & Shannon at La Margarita

We had a great time in San Antonio and it was a great extension of our anniversary celebration. I don't know if I would recommend going to Fiesta though... WAY too many people for me.


2 comments:

The Mathis Crew said...

Dont worry..I dont have a Coach either!! Looks like u guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

looks like a great trip. No, you are not the only person without a Coach........... everytime I get close I can't pull the trigger!
see you soon,
Alberta