Thursday, August 6, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Wedding Reception and Honeymoon

Our wedding reception was held at the old roller skating rink in our hometown and was redone into a reception hall. It still had the original hardwood floors so we had a great dance floor!


To carry out our polka dotted theme we had to have a polka dotted cake with hot pink stripes and gerbera daisies!! I loved it!! Two of the layers were strawberry and the other two were white chocolate or vanilla, I think.


See the big flower arrangement in the background? We used the two from the ceremony and used them at the reception. The bridesmaids put their bouquets around the cake table.


The groom's cake was German chocolate topped with chocolate covered strawberries. MMM MMM mmmm!! No smashing the cake in the face for us!





How some of the tables were decorated... We used a tall, skinny vase and used the same gerbera daisies with a black feather, sparkley black twigs and polka dotted ribbon.


Drew's Dad and Grandma Annie getting down!! They got to dancing so hard Grandma Annie fell over but she got right back up and was ok! That may have been the most excitement at our reception. We had a good time and enjoyed spending our special day with family and friends.

We went to Fredericksburg, TX for our honeymoon. (For all you non-Texans, this is located in the Texas Hill Country. So beautiful) Since we were in the process of building a house when we got married, we decided to save money and just honeymoon somewhere local. I still want to go on my dream honeymoon someday to Fiji. :)

We stayed at a bed & breakfast right outside of town in a cabin. It was called the Cat's Meow, our cabin was called the 'Calico Cabin'. Gee, I wonder why?

Drew and I would sit on the porch of our cabin and these two little kittys would come and greet us every time. They would both jump in my lap at the same time and start growling at each other. That was kind of scary!
One day while sitting on the porch these two deer came right up. Oh shoot!! They saw us!

We went to Luckenbach, TX one day. Have you ever heard the song 'Let's go to Luckenbach Texas'? Yep, that is where we went. Let's just say I was a little disappointed in what it was. I had no idea how tiny it was!! We still had fun though!

We visited a war museum one day. I did that just for Drew, I was practicing being a good wife! :)
Tons of wild flowers were in bloom! The Hill Country is known for their wild flowers.
And we visited a few wineries! The best part was our couples massage!! Ahhh, I could use one now!! "Ummm, Drew Darling....." :)
To view the rest my Show Us Your Life... Here is my dress and ceremony & flowers.

3 comments:

The Mathis Crew said...

Looked so beautiful! We just went to Fredricksburg this summer..it is so beautiful! I loved the colors of the wedding!

theProvidentWoman said...

I love the cakes!

Nadalee said...

Kelsie,

YES I would love you to help me with Lindsey's shower!! I am thinking early or middle of May. She said she didnt want it past May just in case she comes early. Im so excited!!