Friday, July 31, 2009

A Polka Dotted Wedding

As promised yesterday, here is my SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony.
I knew my Black & White with Hot Pink wedding had to be in every detail...

My Bouquet- Pink Gerbera Daises in a bed of pink Hydrangeas with pearl beads for a polka dotted look. I loved it!! Drew was also supposed to have a Gerbera Daisy boutonniere but it looked like crap!! My lovely photographer took charge and switched it out with the minister and got a rose. No biggie!

The bridesmaids carried Gerbera Daises with pink beads.

Our wedding was held in the gardens at Texas Woman's University. They had the most beautiful Pink Azaleas that matched my colors so we didn't need many flowers for the ceremony. We bought 2 hanging baskets and put them in some urns at the end of the isle. After the wedding I was able to hang them on our back porch.... until I killed them. :(
Our two big arrangements were at the front. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED them!! We bought TONS of black and white Christmas balls of all sorts to fill these large vases. There white sand and black stones to weigh them down. Gerbera Daises(artificial), pink tulle, and black glittery twigs filled the top and we put them on columns. These things were HUGE, you can see how much taller are than Drew and he is 6'5"!!

I wanted the bridesmaids to have fun, polka dotted dresses that they could wear again if they wanted to. I bought these bridesmaids dresses at Nordstrom's for about $115 or so. None of the bridesmaids were there to try them on, no consulting them to see if they liked them.... eek!! They were on sale and I fell in love with them! Brade, my Jr. Bridesmaid wore a simple black dress from David's Bridal and we dressed it up with a polka dotted ribbon.

All of the groomsmen
Here is the ring bearer, Parker, and flower girls, Paige, Samantha and Lauren. We searched up and down for the perfect flower girl dresses and could find a thing so we ended up having them made. Oh, and same goes for the ring bearer pillow. Mom and I found the polka dotted fabric in Dallas and were able to use it for many things in the wedding. :)


I tried to make this as short and sweet as possible since I am so late at getting it done. Sorry! Watch for next week, you will see more flowers and fun from the reception!

6 comments:

SassyCassie said...

I happen to love black, white, pink and polka dots. I think you just gave me inspiration for whenever I end up getting married!

Amy said...

I had a polka-dotted wedding, too. I am a polka-dot addict. I'm guessing you are, too? :) You should check out my unity candle. It's on my blog post for this week.

Unknown said...

What a fun theme. I really like it.
How pretty you look. Everyone looks terrific. And your flowers are beautiful!

jessie said...

i LOVE it! how FUN!

Brooklynn said...

That is way to cute!

The Taffs said...

I LOVE polka dots! I teach third grade and that is my "theme" in my classroom.

I also just got married and it never crossed my mind to use polka dots in such a sophisticated way!