Monday, February 23, 2009

The Spy

This weekend Drew and I were sitting in the living room watching TV and Hobie would run up to the window every few minutes and just stare at us, then he would run off and play with his Frisbee. I told Drew that he wanted to play and sure enough, a few minutes later he came back to the window with his Frisbee in his mouth and held it up to the window. What a character!!! Drew and I were laughing so hard!! I couldn't get a good picture when he could keeping bringing his Frisbee back to us but he kept it up for a while. Silly boy!





I decided to take on the task of redoing Drew's Grandmother's China hutch shortly after moving in our house. My Grandma Wise gave me a set of 7 different types of glasses for a wedding shower gift that was my Great Grandmother Kolb's. The glasses have been in a closet waiting for their new home to get done. Our kitchen had an empty hole in it (still does.. now all I need is a kitchen table) and since the China hutch was only collecting dust in Drew's parents barn it came home with me! Drew wanted nothing to do with this and told me the project was all mine. So I sanded the entire thing down, took the hardware off, took the doors off, painted it and put everything back on. I also added punched tin where there was lovely frosted glass. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't ugly, just not my style. So it has been in my kitchen since, hardly being used b/c I was afraid I would scratch it since the clear coat was never applied. Well folks, clear coat has been applied and it has been filled with China.


One of each of the glasses. The one of the far right is only about 3 inches tall.. so cute!

This cup and saucer was also my Great Grandmothers. I finally got a stand this weekend so I was able to display it. I think it looks great on my hutch!
Grandma sure did a great job wrapping each glass! Whew, what a mess!


I still need to find the right hardware to put on it. Any ideas??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hutch. I bet your Grandmother loves it too. I can't wait for one of my grandgirls to take some of my old stuff and make it theirs.

Unknown said...

check out Anthropologie for some cute hardware!

Kendall and Brooks said...

Love it Love it Love it - cant wait to go antiquing with you again!