Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm back.

I think I am almost fully recovered from the surgery. Man, what a tough recovery!! I was still experiencing pain last week that I thought was a little out of the norm. I even missed work last Wednesday because it was so bad. So, I called Dr. H and they scheduled an IVP (intravenous pyelogram- a series of xrays while injecting dye) which determined that there was still a lot of swelling, which was causing all the pain. The good thing is that it was nothing serious like any blockage, but I will continue to have some pain until the swelling is gone. Nothing that can't be controlled with a little Aleve. More bad news.... the chances of me getting to meet another one of Steve's family members in the next 10 years is 70%!!! Apparently Steve was comprised of two types of calcium stones (phosphate and oxalate). A 24 hour urine collection will be done to figure out how to prevent those pesky stones. Lord have mercy, I don't want to experience that kind of pain again!! I'll keep you posted.



I'd like to introduce to our first born of the season!!!

Our Knockout Roses have buds all over the place and this is our lone little fella. I think the others will be blooming in a couple of days. YAY :)

The landscaping project continues. The cold weather last weekend prevented us from working on the yard much. Hopefully we can finish it this weekend. I really, really, really want to get my garden done so my little veggies will start growing!!


I did get to work on my 'front door project' last weekend! :)

Before:


After:
(excuse the weed mat, mulch to come)

I think it added a little spice!! I'm really happy the way it turned out and of course I had to add a little Uppercase Living to dress it up!!


p.s.- Please pray for a couple of friends. I have a friend who lost her baby today (16 weeks I think) and another at 6 1/2 months. I am so sad for them and couldn't even imagine the pain that they are experiencing. Pray for peace and comfort for these sweet girls & their families during this difficult time.



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the front door. So cute!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

LOVE the Buffalo Brown! Looks great and really makes the shutters on the house stand out!

I am so glad YOUR BAACCKKK!!! I have missed reading your bloggy!

Have a good day at work...

Love you bestie!

Anonymous said...

Kelsie,
I love the landscaping and front door - precious! We need to have a Easter Pokeno at your house!
We all need some fun and happiness after the past couple of day.
love you,
Alberta