Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dinner For 2: Yogurt Story

Well friends, here is the debut of Dinner for 2. Do you like our name and logo?? I LOVE IT!! Thanks Kendall! :)

There is a new Ice Cream shop (or maybe I should say frozen yogurt) in town and you all know how we feel about ice cream. It's our favorite!! I didn't know anything about this place other than driving by and seeing where it was. We HAD to try it out!! This is not a chain as of now, so if you don't live in Denton, TX or in the DFW area you are out of luck. Sorry! I think some of the best places are local Mom & Pop places anyways.

Place: Yogurt Story

(I had to take mine with me since we had somewhere to be... I don't eat as fast as my hubby!)
We arrived at Yogurt Story and we weren't even sure how it all worked. We walked in and we see all these people eating HUGE bowls of yogurt. I thought to myself, "there is NO WAY I can eat that much yogurt. Isn't there a smaller size?" There are no directions that say how to order and the cashier didn't point us in the right direction, but we soon figured it out. You grab a bowl and it is self serve, mix and match however much yogurt you want. There are about 12 different flavors of yogurt, then you go over to the 'salad bar style' of toppings and load up. Set your yogurt on the scale and pay.

Atmosphere: Clean, bright, refreshing, fun, busy for a warm Saturday afternoon
Service: Good. Since it is self serve there is only a need for one employee, the cashier. He wasn't all that willing to help you figure it out considering all customers are brand new, but it didn't take a genius to get it.
Price: $0.32/ounce, very reasonable if you are comparing it to Coldstone!
Taste: Good. I had peanut butter and chocolate yogurt topped with Skor or Heath Bar (no Reese's, very disappointing). I probably would have been ok with out the topping. Drew had Strawberry yogurt topped with fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks. I think his tasted better than mine did and I'm not one for fruity ice cream. They didn't offer syrups as a topping. I was really hoping for some carmel or hot fudge... something.... just fruits, chocolate and nuts. Who knows! Maybe they change it up??

Likability: We liked it. Will it be our new favorite ice cream shop, probably not but I'm sure we will go back. One good thing about yogurt is that it has WAY less calories than ice cream and has live active cultures. That is a plus!

Drew's score: 7
Kelsie's score: 7

(Photo courtesy of Denton Record Chronicle)

Read an article written here in the Denton Record Chronicle about Yogurt Story.

2 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

no prob :)

http://thestoysstory.blogspot.com/2009/04/four-4s.html


Tag! Your It!

Lindsey said...

I heard about this place and I want to go try it. It is like pulling teeth to get Dustin to go eat anything sweet with me.