Sunday, April 19, 2009

How did we get here??

WOW. I can't believe we have been married one year today!! It seriously feels like yesterday that Drew and I even met. Look how far we have come in 3 1/2 years time....

The first night I met Drew.... when I wasn't so sure about him. HA Christmas 2005
Our first 'date'- New Year's Eve 2005
Brad Paisley & Sara Evans concert... still in the beginning


Graduation 2006


Our First trip together Thanksgiving 2007



Trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo

Addition to our Family.. Hobie May 2007

The Proposal July 20, 2007


Christmas 2007





Sweet Surprises from Drew!


Fun outings- Lonestar Park

Old Cars


Christmas Presents


Engagement Picture
Our Wedding- April 19, 2009
Our First BIG purchase!!
A new addition to our Family- Cuddles
I can't wait to see what other exciting thing that are going to happen to us!! Marriage has turned out to be a lot harder work than I thought but we sure do have a lot of fun. When I think of all the people who have been married for 30+ years I laugh to myself. At this point, I can't really imagine that far ahead. I don't even want to imagine what I'll look like that far from now. I'll just live in the moment and take one day at a time.
Drew and I had a great dinner last night. I won't say where we went yet, I'll save that for a later post. However, I did want to share a story from last night. The restaurant we went to last night asked us what the occasion was when Drew made the reservations and he told them it was our anniversary. A lady overheard our waitress wishing us a happy anniversary, the lady came over to wish us a happy anniversary too and said that it was also her anniversary. We told her that ours wasn't until today and she said that hers was today too! They had been married for 23 years and had 4 children. Her husband gave her a gift at dinner and she opened some sort of gift certificate/paper and was SOOO excited, it was really cute. After all those years I hope to have the same joy and excitement they had.
I couldn't ask for a better husband. Sometimes I wonder how Drew puts up with me. I guess I must be doing something right because he has stuck around for so long. HeHe! Drew makes me so happy and we have so much fun together. Drew, here is to many, many more happy years together!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

Happy Anniversary!

and PS: I dont want to see me in thirty years either! AHAH!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to see you in 30 years, I'm sure you will both be as cute as ever! We love being part of your life.
love you,
Alberta