Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just in case you are wondering...

The top to your wedding cake after one year tastes like a big bite of NASTY!!! I have been waiting to eat this yummy, strawberry cake for the last year. Sitting in my freezer for the past year, taking up precious freezer space, someone carefully researched for us how to preserve your wedding cake so it would still taste good. It was wrapped in two layers of wax paper, two layers of foil and in a zip-lock baggie, sadly it didn't help. The flowers were left on there and that grossed me out a little bit. They lost the pretty hot pink color they once held and turned brown.
Here is how it went down on April 19, 2009...

Posing... CHEESE.. LOL
Look how scared I look!! HAHA My plan was to shove the cake in Drew's face (and not tell him:) ) since we behaved on our wedding night. I didn't really get to shove the cake in his face that night since I was so worried about what it was going to taste like. I will spare you the details on what happened after this picture.... lets just say my mouth didn't like the way the cake tasted!! Notice my left hand ready to push Drew away... 1. If he was to shove the cake in my face and 2. if the cake tasted like crap!
My wedding cake advice: Don't try to save the top tier to your wedding cake, go get a fresh one remade.

4 comments:

The Jones' said...

Thats awful!! Ours was fantastic!!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

DID YOU GAG!!! OMG...HONK!

Our topper was good too. I cant believe the flowers were still on there. G-ROSS!

Lindsey said...

Darn! I have been anxiously awaiting our one year anniversary just so I can eat the cake! I am still going to do it though even if it tastes gross!

The Mathis Crew said...

That stinks! Ours was awesome after a year..in fact I thought it tasted a bit better! Sorry! :(